Thursday, September 23, 2010

Lunada Trend Alert!

Working on "the hill" as locals call it, I feel that we are always aware of peacock design motifs.  Confused?  For some reason that I do not know, there are wild peacocks roaming all around Rancho Palos Verdes and the Rolling Hills areas.  You can't deny their grace and beauty, but they sure do leave a mess and their cries and squawks are so loud!!! (I was even chased around my bosses car by one early last year.......my life is a cartoon.) Like I said, Lunada always seems to take notice whenever we see peacocks used as a design motif and lately we have been seeing it much more often. Another design motif we have been noticing a lot is coral.  (I've been told that yellow is out and coral is in, but I am not fully convinced.) Now when I say coral, I don't necessarily mean the color, but the organism. Used minimally and usually for a pop of color, I have taken notice of coral mostly in textiles and accessories.  I came to these conclusions yesterday down at the Fall Market in Laguna Niguel as the next hot things.

Trends are always different depending on the region but seeing tons of coral and peacocks in both the L.A Area and Orange County Area confirms it. Keep your eyes peeled for these colorful and textural design motifs that can be both scenic and graphic.