Thursday, February 3, 2011

Nanimar....Que?

 Based in Barcelona (<3), Nanimarquina http://www.nanimarquina.com/ is a textiles and ceramics company that creates astonishing pieces of art.  I have a feeling that if I ever found myself in their showroom in Barcelona (see image below) my inner feline would come out wanting to touch everything to my face.  The vibrant colors and intriguing textures are so much fun,  I especially love the idea of using one as a headboard!! The ceramics are simple, rustic and beautiful; these pieces could definitely stand alone sans arrangement. Also, based on the info on their website, the company seems very self-aware and intent on taking a stand on honest production practices and distribution. Check out their website to find a local distributor. OR, if you decide to take a trip to Barcelona for an authentic Nanimarquina experience, call me, I'm a great travel buddy.